Saturday, October 27, 2012

Are You Natural If You Color the Hair?

I admit, I can be considered a Nappy Nazi by some.  I really do believe MOST relaxed and weaved women really do hate their natural hair. Not all, but most do.  (And Im not even totally against weaves for an occasional change, but I think that if you have to hide your natural hair ALL the time, that's a problem).  I completely understand why.

But can one still be considered natural if they color the hair?  My answer is yes! 

You all know good n' well when someone talks about a black woman's hair being nappy or ugly, they are NOT talking about the hair color! 

Some people go natural because they want to leave a cleaner, healthier lifestyle.  That's not necessarily the case with me. I'm glad that I'm not possibly poisoning myself with chemicals every month, but that wasn't a concern when I decided to grow my hair natural.  I don't necessarily eat clean or go out of my way to use raw or natural products on my body.  I went natural out of acceptance for my hair texture.  I just wondered why I just went along with believing that my hair wasn't good enough. 



I dyed my hair a red color once.  I didn't really like the results--it was a bright red---but I DID love the color that it faded into, a coppery color. 

Here is a natural chick who knows the ins and outs of hair color.  I love her style and think she's absolutely fabulous.  Here are a couple of her videos.




No comments:

Post a Comment